Dragon American School is an organic school for several reasons:
The school is located at the gates of the Guadarrama Regional Park. The children in various of their daily activities go out to walk the paths of the mountains.
Torrelodones is one of the most recognized Madrid City Councils in the Community of Madrid for its commitment to the environment.
All food is 100% organic production and produced by local suppliers with the closest possible proximity to our school.
The menu is made in the school kitchen and designed by our chef Hector Melo, named Jamie Olivier’s Food Revolution Ambassador.
At Dragon American School we are committed to a healthy diet and we are respectful of rhythms
development, growth of children, helping them learn to self-regulate. We avoid fats, sugars and artificial flavor enhancers.
In addition, we offer different menu options:
• Without gluten
• Without lactose
• And any other variety of menu with special characteristics.
• We try to make plastic materials a minority in all our spaces.
• We try to have the most diverse materials possible: metal, stone, wood, glass … since these materials, unlike plastic, have different texture, hardness, sound and temperature.
• We try to use fabrics that are as natural as possible.
• Cleaning products meet the same requirements. In our school we use ecological products to clean our facilities and materials.